Wednesday 10 August 2016

Breastfeeding in public

It has been all over the TV and social media about women feeding their babies in public but not just any sort of feeding, the most natural thing in the world, breastfeeding! I for one can't understand why so many people have a problem with it.

It's the most natural thing that a women can do for their babies. People can sit in a park or anywhere in public and eat their lunch or anything they might have and not have a worry but if a women starts feeding her baby they get stared at, talking under there breath or even approached and asked to stop doing that, go somewhere else or even cover up.

WHY? Why should they go somewhere else or stop feeding there baby or cover up because the person don't like it. Shell that mother then let her baby cry their eyes out and have to to wait for there feed until it is somewhere where she isn't going to be talked about.

The same thing can be said about men walking around without a top on. Should we go and ask them to put a top back on or talk about them under our breath? No we wouldn't because it is natural and we wouldn't expect them to but for some unknown reason it's ok for people to do it to a mum.

I really want to hear your opinions on this one and see how many people are in agreement with me on this one. I am a mum to 3 children and for reasons I won't go into I couldn't breastfeed my children and I was gutted as it's the best thing for a mother to do for their children.

I think that any mother should be able to feed their baby wherever they need to without any one telling them to stop or cover up. I'm sorry buy it's a baby on a breast what is wrong with that? In my book absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Please leave your comments below. I would love to hear your views on this blog.

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment